Not quite Polka Dots

The Hairstyle Experiment



You can see it starting here


Ahaha, I have always loved elaborate hairclips and especially flower ones. And I bought them because I found them so fancy. But then I never wore them. Until today...

Midway through the shoot, half of the hair fell out and I finished looking like I was sporting a serious front mullet. Or having the standard male hair loss pattern. Or both. I'll spare you. But more than that, I spare myself from the embarrassement. Next time, I'll glue them put.

The dress is not quite polka dotted because those dots are actually little squares.
----

Ahaha. Ho sempre adorato i accessori per i capelli, ma sopratutto quelli con i fiori. E li ho comprati perchè li trovavo carini. Ma poi non li ho mai messi. Fin ad oggi...

A un punto durante lo shooting, metà dei capelli davanti si sono staccati e sembravo di avere un mullet. O il trama standard dei uomini quando cominciano a perdere i capelli. O entrambi. Vi risparmio. Ma sopratutto risparmio me dal imbarazzo. La prossima volta metto ca colla.

Il vestito non è coperto dai pois "Polka", ma piccoli cubi.
----

Ahaha. Mir haben etwas auffaelligere Haarclips immer schon gut gefallen. Besonders die mit Blumen. Und ich habe sie mir gekauft, weil sie so schick waren. Aber dann habe ich sie nie benutzt. Bis heute ...

An einem Punkt, so halbwegs durch das Shooting, ist die Haelfte der Haare vorne aus dem Clip gerutscht und ich sah aus als haette ich ein schweres Front Mullet Problem. Oder Geheimratsecken. Oder beides. Ich erspare es Euch. Aber vor allem erspare ich mir die Peinlichkeit. Das naechste Mal werden sie festgeklebt.

Das Kleid ist "nicht wirklich" mit Polka Dots, weil das naemlich kleine quadratische Farbkleckse sind.


The not quite polka dotted dress















The red ankle booties are the ones I bought during my stay in Germany, which I posted about here. The clutch that really is a cross body or shoulder bag you've seen last here.
-
I stivaletti sono quelli che ho comprato in Germania, ne avevo parlato qui. La pochette che in realtà è una borsa a tracolla l'avete visto anche qui.
-
Die Stiefeletten hatte ich waehrend meines Urlaubs in Deutschland gekauft, hatte hier darueber berichtet. Und die Clutch die eigentlich eine Schultertasche ist habt Ihr das letzte Mal hier gesehen.



Outfit Sources


Dress / Abito / Kleid - Mango (SS14)
Shoes / Scarpe / Schuhe - Buffalo Outlet
Bag / Borsa  / Handtasche - Mango (old)
Hairclip / Fermacapelli / Haarspange - H&M (old)



Ciao!


Do you have an item that you bought (maybe more then once) because you really like how it looks styled in general or on others, but then never put it on yourself? Or used it?
-

Avete qualche oggetto che avete comprato (anche più di una volta) perchè vi piace come viene indossato in generale o visto su altri, ma poi non l'ho avete mai messo? O usato?
-

Habt Ihr Euch einmal einen Gegenstand gekauft (auch mehr als einmal) weil er Euch total gut gestyled im Allegemeinen oder an anderen gefallen hat, aber den Ihr dann selbst nie angezogen oder benutzt habt?



Linking up with: Transatlantic Blonde || Because Shanna Said So || The Pleated Poppy || Kimba Likes  || The Mummy Chronicles || My Girlish Whims || The Fashion Canvas || Vodka Infused Lemonade || The Happy Gal || Stylin' in St. Louis || Penniless Socialite || Sincerely, Paula || Thrifty Thursday || Mix & Match Fashion || Lovely Lookbook via Tucker Up ||




Follow me and never miss a Funky post: Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin'


Share:

71 comments

  1. a me gli accessori per capelli piacciono sugli altri, mai su di me. Tu stai benissimo!!!
    un bacione!
    L'ARMADIO DI VENERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh si, l'idea era un po quello. Non ho ancora deciso se mi piacciono su di me ;-)

      Delete
  2. Bello l'abito e mi piace quel tocco "vezzoso" tra i capelli!!!
    Kisses darling!!!
    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, your dress and red booties are awesome. You look chic yet sexy. Funky little hair too with the floral clip. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada! Re: the booties. When I saw them it was something close to instant love.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of polka dots but I LOVE this "not quite" version!

    L,
    Vicky
    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this! The red shoes and fancy hair clip really add a pop to the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally in love with your red booties! You look beautiful, great outfit.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. L'abito è delizioso e trovo che il tocco rosso delle scarpe sia perfetto!!!!
    Un bacione cara!
    Passa a trovarmi VeryFP

    ReplyDelete
  8. bellissima!!! i pois su sfondi scuri sono il top abbinati ad accessori rossi come hai fatto tu
    buon mercoledì
    http://tr3ndygirl.com
    un bacione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Pamela. Si, sono daccordo, èuna combinazione che mi ha sempre piaciuto.

      Delete
  9. Love love love! I think this is one of my favs on you Alex! Love the square pattern and the flow of the dress, and those shoes!! I love red shoes and these are gorgeous! Your hair looks great with the flower pin :-)
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess :) I actually quite liked the pin too, until the hair started to come loose. But no, I am not going to post pictures to prove my point ;-)

      Delete
  10. I love love black and red together! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, the shoes!!! I have a few decorative hair clips too. Since I'm in my 50's I have a tendency to think they might be too young on me. But then I think, what the heck! I think just one is just great. Very pretty and flattering dress on you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joni :) I think you are rocking the hairclip quite nicely in your article at VOGOFF hahaha. Watch it, you could create a new trend there!

      Delete
  12. che bello questo abito a pois e quelle scarpe lo rendono ancora più chic :)
    bacioni
    Carmy1978.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorite looks ... classic black and white with a POP OF COLOR.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guarda io ho talmente tanti capelli che nessun accessorio tiene se non i semplici elastici.
    Bellissimo il vestitino.
    Baci

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great outfit! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao Alex,
    che bello questo vestito e adoro il tuo accessorio.
    Devo dire che oggi sono pazzamente innamorata dei tuoi booties.
    Un bacione
    ps: stento a credere che non ti stiano bene le gonne a matita, hai un bellissimo fisico!
    Maggie
    The Indian Savage Diary Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha grazie mille! Forse non ho ancora trovato quella giusta ;-) Però credimi, quelli che avevo, è meglio che li ho lasciato andare :P

      Delete
  17. Lovely outfit, love your red shoes with the polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahaha ma stai carinissima con quei fiorellini! Poi mi piace l'aggiunta dei sandali rossi, brava bel look!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUPENDA.

    C'è un nuovo ARTICOLO online, cosa ne pensi?

    BABYWHATSUP.COM, ti aspetto!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! Love the shoes. Stopping by from Shanna's link up :)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is the cutest!! I love the cut of this dress with the red booties...OMG!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great outfit ! You look amazing in the polka dots dress :) the flower is lovely :)

    http://www.fashionadventuresatanyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look look cute wearing that floral clip with short hair, like my friend´s little girl! I love this pairing of a halter polka dot dress and red booties, something different but nice. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. seriously love that dress, so cute!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am in love with those boots!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Si meglio prevenire...eheh.
    Mi piace tanto il vestitino!
    Buona Giornata...
    Chocolate Rose Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. Passo ad augurarti una bellissima giornata Alex
    Un bacione
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely lovely shoes and I'm a total sucker for a hair accessory - or three!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the little squares and your hair clip is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. this dress is so cute! i love these heels, totally pulls the look together

    mon | http://www.monsemble.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorabile!


    C'è un nuovo OUTFIT online, cosa ne pensi?

    BABYWHATSUP.COM, ti aspetto!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ma sai che è delizioso questo pois con quei sandali rossi!!! Baci Elisabetta

    ReplyDelete
  33. Carinissimo quest'abito diverso :)
    E cge bel tocco di vivacità ai capelli!

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the square take on traditional polka dots. this dress is a beauty!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the red booties, they go well with your polka dot dress. I like the neckline on you and your girly hair-clip.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the polka dots and red together!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such an adorable dress! I like the cute little hair clip, too. Gonna have to try something like that myself in my cropped hair. :)
    Have a great weekend, Alex!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! You too :) And yes yes, try it!

      Delete
  38. Alex,
    LOVEEEEE this outfit! That dress is seriously cute and can we talk about those shoes! Yeah, that is a definite awesome pair of shoes. Great look honey.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thank you Ayana :) The great thing about either piece? The versatility! I was quite surprised myself on how many ways I managed and still manage to style that dress.

      Delete
  39. Love this dress! And those red shoes are amazing. Thanks so much for linking up to the Be. YOU. tiful link party:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your throughts!