Funky On The Rocks - Sunbathing Under The Full Moon

This is the kind of beach life my introvert self delights in. Away from the masses, just me and the ocean. These rocks formed this kind of natural lagoon there at the beach of Torre Melissa, Calabria. A still pool at the otherwise often slightly stormy sea. Strangely enough, there weren't many people up there on the rocks. Then again, it was early in the season and the majority of people at the beach were families. So maybe that changed by now. The locals told me it starts to get full after the 15th of July.

Sitting on the rocks at the beach of Torre Melissa wearing boho elephant harem pants and a Free People tank top | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blog

Which is why I had the opportunity to play Funky on the Rocks all by myself and enjoy the view over the ocean and the sky adorned with an almost full moon rising early. The Moon and the sea are intimately linked, even tho the Mediterranean Sea doesn't have as high a tide like the more open oceans. Sometimes you may hear it doesn't have a tide, but that's not entirely true. It is just pretty insignificant to those you can experience at the Atlantic for example, or the ones I saw at the North Sea in my youth, where the ocean retreats considerably during low tide.




These Elephant Print Harempants were such a good fashion companion during my beach vacation, other than being my pants fo choice for the road trip. I cannot repeat enough how comfortable they are. But the coolest thing? You can pull them up and wear them as a jumpsuit!

Another great style buddy was this bikini top that did double duty as a fancy bralette for me on this trip down south. And really, I liked it so much as bralette, it's going with me to Germany as well. So I imagine you are going to see it again sometime, soon.

And in case you haven't been following me on Instagram, here's also a close up look at my latest tattoo. Originally I had a different kind of moon planned, a lot smaller and different placement too, but after a last minute discussion with my husband I decided on this one instead. Very pleased with how it turned out. Now I guess I can be a Moon Child too.

Boho style at the mediterranean sea with elephant print harem pants, Free People tank top & fishnet bikini top | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blog

Bohemian vibes at the beach of Torre Melissa with boho print harem pants, Free People tank top & fishnet bikini top | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blo

Pointing at the Full Moon - Boho vibes at the ocean | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blog

Pointing at the Full Moon - Little, minimalistic heart shape tattoo | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blog
Here you can very faintly see the almost full moon in the clear, stunningly blue sky

Looking out over the Mediterranean Sea. Boho vibes. Quarter moon free style tattoo, black Free People top, black fishnet bikini bralette top | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blog

View from the rocks at the beach of Torre Melissa, Calabria, Italia - In spiaggia | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & personal style blog

Sunbathing on the rocks somewhere in the South of Italy. Wearing elephant print harem pants and a bikini top with fishnet details that doubled as bralette | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & personal style blog

Close up look of Funky on the Rocks in elephant print harem pants and a black bikini top with fishnet details. The top doubles easily as bralette | Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, life & quirky personal style blog


Outfit Details:

Harem Pants - Thai Harem Pants, get 10% OFF your order with Code FUNKYJUNGLE - they also have my other pair back in stock!

Top - Free People (old - similar & similar)
Bikini Top - H&M (similar mesh back)
Sandals - Ikwetta (old - similar here & a beautiful slave/gladiator option)

Rings & Bracelets - From the beach vendors and local markets


Follow me! 
And never miss a Funky post.


Linking up with: Not Dead Yet Style | Not Dressed As Lamb | Style Nudge | Shopping My Closet | Get Your Pretty On | Rachel the Hat | A Labour Of Life | Jo-Lynne Shane |



Share:

8 comments

  1. Life on the rocks obviously suits you:) Wish I could wear harem pants... but they are inevitably too short for me. They look so comfortable. #iwillwearwhatilike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They are extremely comfortable ;-) Too bad you cannot find a pair that is long enough.

      Delete
  2. great pictures and I adore those pants Don't forget to come link up on A Labour of Fashion. Would love to have you join us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, I enjoyed reading about your day there and view of the sea. Wow, something I could get used to! Lovely pictures and those pants suit you, very nice!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your harem pants and tattoo.
    That sea looks very inviting too
    Tracey #saturdaysharelinkup

    ReplyDelete
  5. local auto insurance is a well-reputed platform that has been providing multiple insurances to those who have big plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Достав незначительное число криптомонет, через определенное время их достаточно будет намного выгоднее. hydra2web com непреклонны, что криптографические монеты уже по факту не выйдут из оборота. Разжиться деньгами на биткоинах максимально просто.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your throughts!