Update from the Balcony Garden

A couple of weeks ago I showed you the beginning of my balcony garden project. The goal is to have an array of fresh herbs at my disposal. I mainly use them for cooking, and I am quite the creative with that.

Here are a couple of pictures taken yesterday to show you its progress. It looks like things will go better this year as we've already had more sunshine hours.


Aloe
Aloe

You can see how the plants (or pots) looked like here.






Timo - Thymian
Thyme/Timo/Thymian


Sage - Salvia - Salbei
Sage/Salvia/Salbei


Mint - Menta - Minze
Mint/Menta/Minze


The first batch of basil seeds were from last year (or maybe older) and it didn't sprout, so I re-seeded it in this pot. In about another week I will move it to the bigger box

Basil - Basilico - Basilikum
Basil/Basilico/Basilikum

The marjoram will need some rearranging as well. You can clearly see my anarchy approach to putting seeds in the ground.

Majoram - Maggiorana - Majoran
Marjoram/Maggiorana/Majoran

Rosemary - Rosmarino - Rosmarin
Rosemary/Rosmarino/Rosmarin


As per plan, I went to get some Oregano seeds as well. The sproutlings are still tiny, tiny. I've had a bit of a hard time taking their picture.





I also had to re-seed the parsley, in this case because a cat used the box as toilet whilst it was temporarily placed on the ground. So for now, I'll have to make do with the old one.

Parsley - Prezzemolo - Petersilie
Parsley/Prezzemolo/Petersilie



Sadly, so far I haven't found any Tarragon/Estragone/Estragon seeds or even a little plant.

Share:

1 comments