A Floral Dress Experiment at Speyer - Outfit Quickie

40 Years Playmobil Exhibition




When I've read about the Playmobil exhibition, it was no question that I would bring my son there. It really was a low key thing to do, but I went with this dress anyway because I wanted to test wearing it. This is a prime example of what I mean when I say that thrifting allows me to experiment with things I usually might be hesistant about.

This sleeveless floral print dress with low waist (it reminds me of the flapper dresses of the 1920ies) came with a jacket, which is a bit too large for me to wear it with the dress. The wedges and the clutch you already know.
---

Quando ho letto della mostra per i "40 anni di Playmobil" non ho avuto dubbi, ho voluto portare mio figlio a vederla. Una cosa di basso profilo, ma ho messo ugualmente questo vestito perché volevo provarlo indosso. E' un buon esempio di cosa intendo quando dico che fare "thrifting" mi permette di sperimentare con cose con le quali sarei solitamente più esitante.

Al vestito senza maniche a stampa floreale e vita bassa appartiene anche una giacca, ma è troppo grande per me da portare insieme al vestito. Le scarpe a zeppa e la pochette le conoscete già.
---


Als ich von der "40 Jahre Playmobil" Ausstellung gelesen habe, war mir sofort klar, dass ich meinen Sohn dahin bringen moechte, um es sich anzusehen. Eine, outfittechnisch gesehen, unkomplizierte Angelegenheit, aber ich habe trotzdem dieses Kleid angezogen, weil ich es angezogen ausprobieren wollte. Dieses Kleid ist ein sehr gutes Beispiel dafuer was ich meine, wenn ich sage, dass mir das Flohmarktstoebern erlaubt mit Sachen zu experimentieren, die ich normalerweise eher nicht in Erwaegung ziehen wuerde.

Dieses aermellose Kleid mit Blumenmuster und tief sitzender Taille (erinnert mich irgendwie an die Flapper Kleider der 20iger) kam mit kurzaermeliger Jacke, aber die ist mir etwas zu gross um sie zusammen mit dem Kleid anzuziehen. Mal sehen, was sich daraus machen laesst. Die Sandalen mit Keilabsatz und die Tasche kennt Ihr bereits



Floral Granny Dress Experiment



Assembling the newest Playmobil figurine


Cathedral, Dom, Duomo - Speyer







I think this dress needs some "off theme" or counter or unusual accessories, otherwise it becomes "grannystyle" real quickly. Or what do you think?
-
Credo che quel vestito ha bisogno di un accessorio che, per modo di dire, non c'entra. Altrimenti diventa velocemente "stile della nonna". O cosa ne pensate voi?
-
Ich glaube, dieses Kleid braucht ein Accessoire, das "am Thema vorbei" geht, kontra gibt oder einfach ungewohenlich ist, sonst wird es schnell zur Oma Fashion. Oder was meint Ihr?



Outfit Sources


Dress / Vestito / Kleid - flea market / mercato del usato / Flohmarkt
Pullover / Maglione - Mango Outlet
Shoes / Scarpe / Schuhe - flea market / mercato del usato / Flohmarkt
Clutch, Shoulderbag / Pochette, Borsa tracolla / Clutch, Schultertasche - Mango Outlet
Ring / Anello - Rossmann


Ciao!

Are you back from holidays yet?
-
Siete già rientrate dalle vacanze?
-
Seid Ihr schon aus den Ferien zurueck?






Follow me and never miss a Funky post: Instagram || Twitter || Pinterest || Bloglovin'


Share:

63 comments

  1. The dress is darling on you. I agree with needing a funky chunky necklace but I think the shoes are perfect. But really, your hair is funky enough to be a great accessory for the dress, maybe just an armload of colorful plastic bracelets?

    I love thrifting for that very reason you mention. It allows me to try new things and not feel guilty one bit if it ends up back in the donation pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are possibilities, indeed. I'll have to run some more experiments ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really like the drop waist of the dress on you, and the blue is a great color. I like that you paired it with some sexy strappy heels as well. I just got back from holiday, at the beach, Kiawa Island in SC. I will be writing posts soon all about the trip. Love your trip pics as well
    From the link up,
    Please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that dress! You look fantastic . Love the photos :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma che bel vestitino, ti sta davvero bene!
    Mimma ♡ MyFashionSketchbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is soo cool, I very like!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was one of those rare cases where I happily paid the full price (with wasn't that much anyway, but still) without thinking it over for 24h first.

      Delete
  7. I love the ring you're wearing, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It totally mesmerized me, love at first sight.

      Delete
  8. ma che bello!! anch'io giocavo con i playmobil insieme ai miei fratelli, mi sarei divertita tantissimo a questa mostra :)
    tu stavi benissimo!

    WWW.MODEMOISELLE.IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille! La mostra era uno spettacolo, più che altro ti faceva voglia di cominciare una collezione tua.

      Delete
  9. This reminds me of the dress I wore on the first date with the hubster back in 1987 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this pattern and those shoes go with it perfectly!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is bold, fun and beautiful. Love the drop waist. I love the fierce shoes, clutch and ring you accessorized with, Alex. Looking great. =)

    Check out my floral today. Grazie Mille.

    P.S. Loving these amazing photos of such beautiful places. WOW!!

    Have a Great Day! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,

    I am Mukul Jain from India. I am a founder of Intoxicated Fashion, www.intoxicatedfashion.com

    I am working on a project to promote various talents across the globe in the filed of fashion, lifestyle.

    I would like to have collaboration with your blog to make it more reachable to readers.
    My email is: admin@intoxicatedfashion.com
    Looking forward to discuss.

    Kind regards

    --
    Regards
    Mukul Jain

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with your shoes! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your accessories. Even when I'm on the fence about an outfit, your accessories makes me fall in love with the whole look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! That's an interesting point and I would have to agree, accessories can make or break an outfit.

      Delete
  15. This is such a great dress-it's different and really stands out!! Love the sandals too!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta. Yes I think what has drawn me to it originally was also the unusual cut, it is definitely not something you see around a lot at the moment. Now I also love it because it's great to wear.

      Delete
  16. Senza parole, una favola!

    Un nuovo OUTFIT è online, che ne pensi?

    Ti auguro una giornata favolosa!
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. mi ripropongo sulla pochette favolosa e che bello l'abito!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Carmen. Avevo pensato un giorno o due per la pochette, ma alla fine sono contenta di averla presa. E' molto versatile come borsa, anche se non sembra a prima vista.

      Delete
  18. la mostra l'averei fatta volentieri vedere anche a mio figlio che adora playmobiil!! Il vestito è bellissimo, mi piace da morire la stampa!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Francesca. E' la seconda volta che io vedo la mostra Playmobil, La prima volta l'ho visto quando iniziavo a vedere il mio marito.

      Delete
  19. deve essere stata una gran bella msotra :) adoro il tuo vestito,stampa stupenda
    Buon mercoledì
    http://tr3ndygirl.com
    un bacione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Pamela. E' uno spettacolo, costruiscono le scene tutte fatte dai Playmobil.

      Delete
  20. Hey dear,I love this post!:)
    You have an amazing blog,have to say!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    love Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am quite surprised to find myself liking the dress but is does need heels (as you wore) and chunky, funky jewellery. I love Playmobil and am sad they have all but disappeared in the UK. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, I couldn't see this dress with flat shoes. Not on me at least. Maybe someone with a different body type or appeal could make it work with some chunky knit and low boots.

      Delete
  22. I think if I was wearing this dress I would maybe unbutton it slightly and wear a cami underneath with a super chunky necklace. I love the pattern and colours. You don't often see drop waist dresses anymore. Love the sandals! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! Hmm, I like that idea. I will try this out and see how it looks. I bought it whilst being on holidays so I hadn't my whole arsenal at my disposal ;-)

      Delete
  23. Very pretty dress! Stopping by from Shanna's link up :)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anche la borsa ha un'ottima fattura.

    WWW.ANGELICHIC:COM

    ReplyDelete
  25. my daughter and I love playmobil! I also love your ring in the first photo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Die Farben sind sehr schön und hätten mich auf dem Flohmarkt wahrscheinlich auch verführt (immer schwierig, etwas ohne anprobieren zu kaufen!). Ansonsten mag ich Muster für mich selbst gar nicht, auszer manchmal Streifen oder Millefleurs.
    Vermutlich würde ich darunter dunkelblaue Legginstragen und einen Oversized-Pullover darüber in passendem Farbton und es damit zum Herbstoutfit machen. Aber an Dir wirkt es auch als Sommerkleid sehr schön.
    Man musz sich immer selbst drin wohlfühlen, finde ich. (Egal, was andre sagen - )
    Liebe Grüsze
    Mascha

    Der Ring ist sehr hübsch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich habe es anprobiert ;-) Hatte entsprechende Kleidung an, die es ermoeglicht hat. Nur bei Hosen musste ich passen. Am Anfang hatte ich auch einen Pullover drueber, aber spaeter ist es dann zu warm geworden. Den sieht mal so auch andeutungsweise in den Bildern. Und getragen hat es sich super.

      Danke fuer den Besuch ;-)

      Delete
  27. gorgeous, also love that ring!

    thanks for stopping by Musings :)

    xo,
    christina, Esq.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE your photos!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous photos! And I love your dress! You don't see fits like that very often, but it is really cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. GREAT thrift find. I am always on the look out for something different like that in the thrift stores. The print and color are fantastic and love that you wore it wine of my favorite wedges that you own. Thank you for linking up with the Thrift Sisters. We truly appreciate you stopping by and linking up.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your throughts!