Funky Jungle's Favorite Cookie Recipe - Husaren Krapfen

I know I am not usually posting recipes, but I wanted to share my absolute - by far - favourite cookie recipe, traditionally baked in my family since 3 generations. At least. Recently I made two batches of this, one for Christmas and one for my son's birthday, and they were gone in an instant.




La versione italiana si trova qui. - Und die deutsche Version findet Ihr hier.


Ingredients for the cookie dough:

- 350g flour
- 250g butter
- 125g sugar (or equivalent)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pack Vanilin
- a splash of Marsala (optional, it is my unexpected Gusteau ingredient)


Colette: I know the Gusteau style cold. In every dish, Chef Gusteau always has something unexpected. I will show you. I memorize all his recipes. - (Ratatouille)


Additional ingredients needed:


- cherry marmalade / jam
- 1 egg yolk
- shredded almonds (optional)


Put the flour in a bowl then add the other dough ingredients on top of it. Leave the butter for last and cut it into little pieces before adding it. Now knead the whole thing slowly but thoroughly either with a machine if you have it, or alternatively with your hands. If you use a machine, use a higher setting for a couple of minutes after having kneaded the ingredients into an uniform mass.

Let the resulting dough rest for about 30-40 minutes in a cool place. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to approx 180°C (360°F).

After the rest, take little bits of dough and form little disks. Take any round thingy (I used the end of a cooking spoon) and pinch a little hole in the disks you formed. Now cover each of them with a bit of egg yolk and fill with cherry jam. Sprinkle shredded almonds on top (I skip this step due to allergies).

Put in oven and bake for approx. 10-15 minutes. I suggest keeping a close eye on it if you try the recipe for the first time as we all have different ovens.

Enjoy!





By the way, if anyone has any idea for a vegan replacement for the egg yolks & butter, I'd be curious to know, so please share.




Follow me! 
And never miss a Funky post.



Linking up with: Treasure Tromp || Create with Joy || The Pin Junkie || Two ThirtyFive Designs || Stylelixir || Faith Along the Way || IBA || The Grapefruit Princess || The SITS Girls || Claire Justine || Sew Crafty Angel || Living Well, Spending Less || Jo-Lynne Shane || Faith Along the Way || I Heart Nap Time || Urban Girl Bakes || 







Share:

23 comments