Bubblegum and Candy - D.I.Y. Statement Necklace

Bubblegum and Candy D.I.Y. Do it yourself statement necklace fai da te


This is a necklace I've made myself.

Striped beads in two sizes and three different colors alternated with silver "dotted" beads stringed with 3 equivalent colors of organza.





If you are interested in making a statement necklace like this for yourself, here's a quick run down:

You need:

  • 5-6 large colored beads
  • 2 equal smaller colored beads
  • 6 silver (or gold) beads
  • 3 different colored, 1cm large & 50cm long stripes of organza (sheer) fabric


You do:

  1. Pre arrange the beads in the order you want to string them. 
  2. Take the three stripes of fabric tightly together. I piled them onto a needle to help with the stringing process.
  3. Start stringing up the beads. I started with the middle one and worked outwards to achieve a uniform result
  4. Make a tight, bead hugging simple knot between each bead you add
  5. Rinse & repeat until done
  6. Voila, you have a sparkling new funky and shiny statement necklace



This week I used it to accessorize a black button down shirt paired with a grey short pullover/jumper.






Follow me! 
And never miss a Funky post.
>









Share:

2 comments