My Italian Summer Bucket List

Schooooools out for summer! Yes that's right. 8th of June was officially the last school day here in Italy, where the kids have about 3 months worth of summer holidays. Hugely exagerated if you ask me. Just bare minimum if you ask my son. Either way, that time needs to be at least partially filled if you don't want to go bonkers, as my son isn't yet of the age that he would rather be left alone by his parents.



This year, as one of my resolutions/wishes was to travel and experience more, I wanted to be better prepared in regards to what places to go to, where to visit, during the summer months instead of having to scramble for something last minute, which often resulted in a rut style "meh okay, it's late already let's go to our usual place".




Here are some places  that I would love to see this summer. Many of them I haven't yet been to, even tho I moved here some oh my gosh 13 years ago. It's about time, yes?


My Italian Summer Travel Bucket List



Lago d'Endine - A smaller lake nested away in the North Italian Alps, just above Lago d'Iseo.


Lago Moro
via my post Lago Moro

This small gem is located approximately in the same region as Lago d'Endine, as it too is hidden away in the North Italian Alps just north of Lago d'Iseo, close to Darfo Boario Terme.


Limone
via Di Quinok - Opera propria, CC BY-SA 3.0 Wikimedia Commons

This beutiful little town is located on the western coast of Lago di Garda and widely known as being very pretty.


Lonato
via Di © Xavier CarĂ© / Wikimedia Commons, CC BY-SA 3.0

Lonato is found between Brescia and Lago di Garda and has a host of old buildings in its historical town to sight see, like for example a dome and castle


Lovere - This is a small town on the north end of the western coast of Lago d'Iseo, called the most romantic town by an english poet.


Malcesine - Malcesine has two attractions besides being located on the eastern coast of Lago di Garda. One is the old castle, and another is the possibility to take a lift to the top of Monte Baldo.


Parco delle Cascate - This is a nature park in an area that has lots of natural waterfalls. We have already visited this in 2012 and I want to go back there now that my son can walk better & more.

Parma

via CC BY-SA 3.0 Wikimedia Commons


San Martino di Battaglia

Venezia
via Di Luca Aless - Opera propria, CC BY-SA 4.0 Wikimedia Commons



A bucket list for Germany is in the works ... as soon as we get back from our beach holidays.

What about you? Kids or not, did you make a bucket list for summer?




Follow me! 








Linking up with: Not Dressed As Lamb |




Share:

0 comments